1…. I remember when my brother, Stephen, put his arm through the washing machine wringer. We were both very little. I remember him screeming and seeing a pair of legs running by the basement window outside. (I don't know who that was because my mother was in the house.) The next thing I remember from that day is seeing my mom and Stephen being wisked away in a neighbour's car to the hospital.
2.I remember a few days before school started, my dad took me out in the car and dropped me off near the school to make sure I knew how to get home.
3. I remember my first day of kindergarten and the coat cubbies.
4. I remember being late a lot for school. One day I was late I sat in the classroom alone because I didn't know where anyone was and the custodian saw me and took me to the gymnasium where an assembly was happening.
5. I remember one day I thought I was late for kindergarden. When I arrived at the school I was crying and I went in, only to find out that I was very early for school.
6. I remember my grade one teacher, Miss Waters. On the first day of school she came into the classroom doing the tongue flutter thing and then spending a part of the morning teaching the class how to do it.
7. I remember my best friends in grade one. They were twin boys and I used to go to their house after school sometimes to play.
8. I remember a girl in kindergarden who thought everything was hers. One day I wore a pearl necklace to school and during story time I egged her on and showed her my necklace and said "It's mine." She got mad and pulled on the necklace and it broke. All the pearls started rolling all over the floor and all the kids were trying to catch them ... all this while the teacher was trying to read a story.
9. I remember one day when my oldest brother David was trying to babysit us and we weren't listening to him. He got mad and said that he was going to run away from home and we would be in big trouble from my parents when they got home because he would be gone and it would be our fault. He left the house, and the four of us stood at the window crying as he walked up the street.
10. I remember our first teenage babysitter who had long brown hair. She would let us take turns and brush it.
11. I remember the day my brother, Rick, who has Down's Syndrome, came home. I was only 7. My mom showed us why he was so special ... because he had two fingers that were webbed, and his eyes were crossed.
12.I remember when my grandfather would come to visit. He would go out to the car to smoke and would let one of us go out with him to light the match.
13. I remember the Christmas that my sister snooped and cound out was everyone was getting, and then proceeded to tell those of us who didn't snoop what we were getting.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
2. Joely Sue Burkhart
4. Julie in Texas