Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Friday, December 09, 2005

I feel like I've just been hit by a Mac Truck!

Why does parenting have to be so hard sometimes?? Why does parenting some children have to be harder than others?

A few months ago I posted this quote.

Quit telling God how big your mountain is and start telling your mountain how big your God is.


I think God is trying to remind me of that right now. We are going through a very difficult situation with our oldest right now. I feel like things go along very smooth for a while and then WHAM! it hits. Although my head tells me that I'm a good mother and I do the best that I can for my son, I'm feeling like the worst mother in the world right now. Parenting is hard and I want off. I feel so drained.

The worst thing is that as we try and cope with what's just been dumped into our laps there are two other boys who deserve the same amount of attention from us, but at this time we can't give it to them. I have to try and pull myself together so that I can be a good mother to all three and try not to let the problems of one overshadow the lives of the other two.

Life is hard sometimes!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:41 AM

    {{{hugs}}} to you. Hang in there, hon. Things will get better, I'm sure of it. I think you sound like a wonderful mom and you'll be able to be there for all your boys as much as they need you to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:52 PM

    I think you are a wonderful mom. As stated on that quote, focus on the greatness of your God at this time, and let his grace and strengh sustain you during this moment and cover your son with prayer knowing that nothing is impossible for those who believe....

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.