Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Last night we went into Toronto, as we do every Thursday night, for Band Practice at our Church. First is Junior Band for the kids, and then Senior Band for 13 and over. I help out with the Junior Band as all three boys are in it, and then John, myself, and two of the boys play in the Senior Band.

Last night, I didn't feel like staying to help with the Junior Band so I dropped the boys off and went for a walk. Our Church is at Yonge and Eglinton. It was a gorgeous night. I love the city ... especially at night. I love the lights from the buildings and the way they bounce off the mirrored windows. I love the smell of the food cooking in all the different restaurants. I love to watch the people making their way home from work, or heading out for the evening. I love strolling by the restaurant windows and seeing the diners sitting at their tables lined with table clothes eating by candlelight. I love the city.



This morning Cameron had his first 6 a.m. hockey practise of the season. It was so hard to get up for it. I might as well get used to it because according to the schedule, he has one every second week. I haven't seen Spencer's schedule yet.


This is a layout from last year's hockey season. There's just something about a boy in hockey gear! (I just wish I didn't have to see it at 6 a.m.!)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:09 AM

    This looks great Barbara! I CAN'T imagine getting up for hockey practice that early! What a great Mom!
    Love Robyn~

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.