Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I've been trying to get my scrapping mojo back. Unfortunately it got put away over Christmas, and I've been having a hard time getting it back. This past weekend I went to a crop at Cathy's house. She had a few friends in. I stayed overnight and then the next day went to a birthday crop for my friend, Joy. I had a lot of fun, took waaaaay too much stuff in hopes of getting a lot done, and managed to get some done. I worked on a few different things, but didn't complete any of them. Argg!

I did my first layout for my Project 365. I took the pictures and scrapped the layout for January 4 - 10. I have the pictures for January 1 - 3, but have yet to do that layout.



The layouts are going to be very simple as well as the journaling. I want to just focus on the pictures.


In other news, the semester is winding down for Matthew and Spencer. They start exams next week.

John is sick right now. He caught the head cold that I had last week.

Spencer got his braces last week. Due to his age (most of his peers are long done braces) and the fact that he still needs to be able to play his cornet and trumpet, we opted for the Invisalign braces ... they are the ones that are clear liners that just pop over his teeth and are almost invisable. They are like a skin over his teeth. He takes them out to eat, and brush, and can take them out to play (if they are affecting his sound). Every two weeks he changes to a new liner. Each liner is slightly different so that they slowly move his teeth. The benifit to the Invisalign (other than the fact that no one will know that he's wearing them) is that they are half the time. Hopefully in eight months time, if not sooner, he will be done. Wow!

I found out today that my friend, Milena, has a blog. I've added her to my blog list on the left side. I'm so happy that she's able to come and scrap with me (and the other girls, lol) on Tuesdays now that her girls are both in school and her schedule has changed. We met a few years ago, when Cameron and Merideth were 4. We would scrap while the kids would play. I'm so glad that we have reconnected.

I had an appointment with the eye doctor last week. The inevitable has happened ... I now need reading glasses. Fortunately enough I only need the weekest of perscriptions so I can make do with a pair from the drug store.

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:58 PM

    Reading glasses, eh? I'm sure my time is coming. *sigh*
    I love love LOVE your first LO for your Project 365. I can't wait to see more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glasses. Join the club. I'm completely hopeless for any close-up work without the glasses now. It's pathetic.

    One night last summer (in Indiana), Mom, Dad, Dave and I went to the Olive Garden for supper. Dad put a second pair of glasses on over his first pair to read the menu. Dave took off his glasses to read the menu. I normally put my glasses on to read the menu, but had left them in the car, so had to hold the menu wa-a-a-a-a-y-y-y- out in front of me (I really need longer arms). And Mom just kept her glasses on to read the menu. I'm sure the four of us made an amusing sight for the people around us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too sweet! Thanks for including me on your blog! I love the new glasses. I'm so jealous. Have I ever told you my glasses story? I'll share next week (if I haven't already).
    I really like your layout. Perhaps I join join the challenge. Ask me again next week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:04 PM

    Cool page Barbara! All you guys are almost making me regret not going along with this! LOL I can't wait to see the others.

    I need to get to the eye doctor too and quick. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your glasses look great.

    Wishing the boys the best of luck on their exams.

    I am truely loving the page. Does it count if you start this week instead of the begining of January. lol I guess I might consider starting this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Putting on or off glasses to read...a sign that miles are adding up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your 365 layout!! May I ask what did you use for the days of the week--Are they stickers or printed from the computer? Also is the "Remember" a stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mojo's been missing too...if you find yours, will you ask it to tell mine to come back? Thanks!!!

    Off to check out Milena's blog...

    ReplyDelete
  9. April, the days of the week are printed from a label maker ...a must-have scrapbooking tool for me, LOL! The remember thing is a rub on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barbara,
    May I bother you once more? What kind of Label maker do you use?

    Thanks so much,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  11. no bother at all. I use a P Touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous7:56 PM

    Love your new glasses Barb...I got my reading glasses a while ago.
    Good luck with project 365....YOU CAN DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous8:44 PM

    Loving 365 too - my LOs are even simpler.. I'm finding it the perfect thing in order to keep scrapping even when my mojo is low too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Want To Boost Your ClickBank Commissions And Traffic?

    Bannerizer made it easy for you to promote ClickBank products with banners, simply visit Bannerizer, and get the banner codes for your chosen ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator Tool to promote all of the ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.